Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Holy hell, i love fall!


so being in TN, fall is even more exciting with the 55 degree nights and 75 days. but what i get most excited about is FALL FASHIONS!!! seriously, it is ridic! boots make me happier than you know, sweaters....fantastic, skinny jeans, scarves, tights, oh my!!!! money is a little tight this year so i will have to stick to the must haves and essentials. i do need a pair of brown/tan sliver heel wedge knee high boots. MUST HAVE. steve madden has a gorgeous pair that i might have to splurge on. since it will be colder here than texas or louisiana, i might need another coat but we'll see. P.S. lauren conrad has new line at kohl's....OMG. A. i love her. B. super cheap...i'm going today. on a side note, has anyone else noticed that vera wang's line at kohl's kind of went downhill...like in the matronly direction? weird. that first season was good....now, not so much. either way, the point of this whole run on paragraph, is i LOVE fall!


and i hate to be a downer but i'd like to take a second to recognize a few deaths in recent days.
patrick swayze (don't laugh), but seriously, great actor and dirty dancing is one of my all time fave movies. and maybe the fact that i have a personal connection to cancer and it stings a little when i hear of someone dying from it.
second, a former classmate, alan collier, passed a couple days ago. i went to school with him and his sister for years and his mother was my teacher. my thoughts and prayers go out to them because i can't imagine losing a loved one.
being affiliated with the army, i have to get used to the word death, as deployments are dangerous and inevitable. a soldier was killed recently in a motorcycle accident and how his family will go on is beyond me.
please say a prayer for them.

not that anyone reads this except for sari! :)


1 comment:

  1. Layers! YIPPPPPPPPie. I wore a lightweight fall sweater dress to work today since I heard it was going to be in the mid-80's. ha. I think I jumped the gun a little. I love the boots BTW!

    ReplyDelete